Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) supports the cross-functional Client Development and commercialization activities of pipeline or inline products.
The SPM serves as a strategic partner to leaders of the Business Development team in the execution of the strategic vision of the program.
Strategy execution occurs via three cross-functional sub-teams called Work Package Teams (WPTs). The WPTs include 1) Evidence Generation Teams (EGTs) that are focused on product development activities 2) Product Delivery Teams (PDTs) that are focused on operations/manufacturing activities 3) Insights & Brand Platform Teams (IBPTs) that are focused on global marketing, pricing, access, and reimbursement activities.
The SPM drives the development and execution of high quality, global, integrated cross-functional project plans for one or more products in support of the overall program strategy.
The SPM is specifically responsible for:
- Identifying key deliverables for each function and their inter-dependencies.
- Implementing best practices and ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability.
- Identifying project issues or resource gaps and facilitating resolution.
- Reinforcing proper decision making according to Wuxi NextCODE Decision Making Framework.
- Monitoring and communicating progress and adherence to timelines.
- Facilitating resource planning, financial and capacity assessments.
- Conducting risk management, contingency and scenario planning using a variety of project management tools.
- Adapting and thriving in a changing environment and building high-preforming cross-functional teams.
The SPM manages WPT team effectiveness by:
- Driving the development and timely execution of annual goals and input to the Global Product Strategy.
- Identifying and efficiently resolving issues, driving decisions, and tracking action items; appropriate issue escalation.
- Partnering with BD Lead to develop governance board deliverables and subsequent implementation of decisions.
- Developing strong partnerships with external business partners and strategic alliances, where applicable.
- Constructively challenging teams by providing disconfirming information and encouraging innovative problem solving.
The SPM drives effective WPT communication by:
- Serving as a single point of contact for cross-functional BD information (content and quality).
- Communicating cross-functional project information at WPT meetings and to other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Ensuring alignment of functional and regional issues within the WPT.
- Demonstrating strong written/oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership.
- In addition, the SPM may be asked to lead and/or participate in special department, cross-functional, or team projects.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
- OR Master’s degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
- OR Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Project Management experience
- OR Associate’s degree and 10 years of Project Management experience
- OR High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- 8+ years industry experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, CRO other Healthcare-related field.
- 4+ years’ experience in Project Management role.
- Client Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory
- Proven record of implementing Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
- Informed with current biopharmaceutical industry knowledge, news and trends and ability to apply to programs.
- Independent, motivated, team member with experience in a matrix environment.